On evenings when Mr. T is at work, of which there have been many lately, I sometimes use the piano as a distraction for restless Mice. The other night I was playing a "concert" with Baby Mouse cooing and squealing in the background as she usually does the moment I touch the keys. She bounces on her little hind end "dancing" so hard she sometimes tips over. Pretty cute.
That night, though, Miss Mouse added some requests. First, The God Song known to most people as How Great Thou Art. Next, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Baa Baa Black Sheep, etc. Then she asked me to start just playing random songs out of the "cranberry" hymnal. Sure. No problem. No problem, that is, until I began playing a more contemporary song with sort of a "campish" beat to it - "Stop! Stop! Stop it!!! Not that one! This one!" Miss Mouse made her preferences known clearly as she turned the page to a much more traditional old hymn. How she knew she had chosen an old hymn, I have no idea, but she definitely did not appreciate the "camp" type songs that I attempted. She does seem to like the contemporary worship at church just as well as the traditional (which we have attended the past two Sundays - she loves the organ, and though I suppose I shouldn't admit it, I love the bit of a more close-knit feel to the group.....).
Perhaps we will rule out camp counselor as a potential college summer job for that one; Baby Mouse might be another story.....
No comments:
Post a Comment