I was reading last night, in some rare moments of spare time, my old posts about Miss Mouse at the same age as Baby Mouse is now. I had to laugh at how similar they are, although in my mind Baby Mouse seems like such a wild one. Most of the differences come, I think, from Baby Mouse not having many shy bones in her body, and Miss Mouse having several. Other than that, they really are more similar than different which is cool, even though their differences are fun, too. Anyway, I realized that many of the things I don't remember Miss Mouse doing, at least I have written down on the blog....and that isn't so much the case for Baby Mouse yet. This post is an attempt to change that.
Baby Mouse has been tickling everyone and everything for the past two weeks. It comes out "tucka-tucka-tucka" which, by the way, is exactly what I did when I was a wee one. Crazy, eh?
Baby Mouse loves to hug and kiss. Especially Daddy gets numerous kisses. The minute he heads anywhere near the door in the morning, there are loud kissing sounds from Baby Mouse to remind him to kiss her, as if he'd dare forget that ritual!
Baby Mouse loves to clean. Wild child though she can be, she loves to vacuum, dust, pick things up, and just generally help out. She, like her sister, has a fascination with having herself vacuumed off by my little kitchen vac. She signs "more, more, more" after I repeatedly say "all clean!".
Baby Mouse loves to dance. Anytime she hears music, she starts either swaying from side to side or bopping her head around. It doesn't even matter what type of music. We've been listening to a lot of classical music lately, and she's been totally jammin' out to it. She, however, does not care to be held to dance. Miss Mouse loved being held to dance at that age, but Baby Mouse would prefer to dance her own jig in her own space.
Baby Mouse mimics like a professional little sister. She has a keyboard that she got for Christmas; it includes a microphone. Miss Mouse played with the microphone first, and for several months Baby Mouse never touched it except to use it as a chew toy. Now, though, she's the first to grab the microphone and "sing" into it....with the same tones and phrases as Miss Mouse (who tends to speak some type of foreign language into it).
Baby Mouse loves to hold hands with Miss Mouse and run around the house. Lovely evening entertainment, if you ask me.
Baby Mouse eats dirt. Almost everyday, though I do my best to prevent it.
And finally, I've been contemplating a blog-world name change for Baby Mouse. More of a name expansion, I suppose. I was reading one of the "Series of Unfortunate Events" books while at the farm (ahhh....cool evening breezes, dry air, slow sunsets that take all night and merge into dawn, reading books and playing music on the deck....ahhh....), and the baby in the books, Sunny, reminded me of Baby Mouse. For example, at one point the older children explain to a kindly neighbor that "Sunny likes you because she is biting you gently. That's how she shows she likes you. People she doesn't like, she bites hard." Sunny seems to be also quite intelligent and have a fairly incredible vocabulary for a child who can only say a few words (there are 'translations' of her words included in the text). It got me thinking that perhaps Baby Mouse, who is more of a toddler mouse now, should be renamed, for purposes of the blog, to Sunny Baby Mouse. That way, when she is, say, twelve or so, she could drop the "Baby" part and still have some continuity to her name while not feeling quite so young. So, I might try it and see how Sunny Baby Mouse works out.
No comments:
Post a Comment