Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Click, Clack, Moo

I got out our new book, Click, Clack, Moo, this morning, and Miss Mouse said she would read it. She began and "read" the first two pages word for word. I took over on the third page, but I know she can "read" the general idea of the entire book because I heard her doing so for my mom the other day. Perhaps it should, but it doesn't surprise me because of how she has focused on books from the time she was only a few weeks old sitting in her little bouncy seat.

What did surprise me was when Sunny Baby Mouse chimed in, as I was reading, with "No Milk, Day!" She said it at exactly the correct time as I was reading the note that the cows left for poor Farmer Brown. The note said "Sorry. We're closed. No milk today." Perhaps I should not be surprised by Sunny, either, because I clearly remember Miss Mouse reading to 6-week-old Sunny Baby Mouse while I showered. Miss Mouse read Brown Bear, Brown Bear to her while Sunny Baby sat in the middle of the bathroom floor in her bouncy seat. I smiled through the whole shower hearing "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What see, Brown Bear, Brown Bear? Red Bird, Red Bird, What see, Red Bird, Red Bird?" And I smiled through the whole book today as Miss Mouse and Sunny Baby Mouse helped me read each page!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are all enjoying the new reading materials! I know it must be a little fun for you to hear something new now and then...even if it is CLICK, CLACK, MOO!
Thanks for sharing.(I've been sick all week, and I think if there were other people around here, I would have been very irriting and needing of time outs too!Being sick makes me really cranky!)
Love, Auntie Linda