When we splurged last fall and bought this refurbished dslr camera along with an additional used ("well" yet "carefully") lens, one of my biggest hopes was that it would allow me to see beauty at times I may have otherwise missed. This hope has been fulfilled many times over, but the past few weeks, I've struggled finding any beauty outdoors. The excitement of glistening snow and frost has long since worn off, and I've taken solace in pictures of my "Mice". Today my dry spell was broken, though, as I watched Miss Mouse enjoying the sunshine in the 20-degree backyard. She stayed outside longer than Sunny Mouse and I; she chatted with the dog; she chatted with the neighbors we haven't seen since October. As I called her in for the third time, I noticed the sunlight shining through the bird feeder. It was like fresh air into a stale room. It is simply a birdfeeder on a simple Saturday. For me, though, it was simply beautiful.Check out others' Simply Saturday photos here
3 comments:
I'm feeling the same way! Not much inspiration right now in the cold out of doors. Thank goodness spring is on its way, even if it is slow!
Thanks for linking up!
I hear ya. Total lack of creativity and inspiration here too, but it is fun when those little things catch your eye and make you grab your camera.
Beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing.
Love, Auntie Linda
Post a Comment