As much as I'm trying to deny this, autumn is coming quickly. Young geese are out for their work-outs on cool mornings. Tomatoes are ripening. The garden is (finally) producing. Even on an 85-degree day, we need sweatshirts in the evening. The tree that seems to always "turn" first at my in-law's has reportedly started to take on some color. Bowhunting season starts in a bit less than 48 hours. It's going to happen. Summer is going to end.
For now, though, I choose to hang onto the warmth, the ease, the sweat of summer. Some of my sweet plants in our front bed, which has been bug-ridden and disease-ridden basically since we moved in four years ago, have joined me in my denial of autumn.
My thoughtful daylilies (I think that's what they are?) have sent out one more bloom. Maybe there will even be more to follow, if we can hold onto the glittery-golden weather of autumn a long time before the ice-blue winter covers us.
In the meantime, I took the chance on an evening without a breeze to experiment with my "macro" abilities (of which I have very little!). It was fun, though, to get outside, ever-so-quickly, and get the clearest macros I've gotten so far. Being too lazy to drag out our tripod very often has left me with very few clear pictures, so, while these are not superbly clear, they're my best so far! I'm excited about progress!
And even more so, I'm excited to see my yellow blooms and one little purple bloom on a perennial geranium, as well!
Here's to a long, beautiful, drawn-out, full-of-lawn-mowing-into-November autumn!
No comments:
Post a Comment