We're obviously excited to announce that the newest little person in our family will be of the male variety!
Mike and I would have been very excited with either XX or XY news, but Miss Mouse had her little heart set on a brother.
"I already have a sister", she says.
The look on her face when the ultrasound technician let us know his gender was not so much one of surprise as one of "I told you so". It was pretty cute.
We're currently at 21 weeks and counting, so we've passed the halfway point! Forty weeks, here we come!
I'm going to "copy" a cousin/friend and do a little information chart each time I update our Countdown to Baby, mainly because I tend to forget to record things otherwise (though each girl, including Hope, has a baby book stuffed full; Miss Mouse and Sunny each have a notebook where I write them special notes to be read when they are older; and I have a daily "what we did/what the weather was like" diary, just because my Mom and Grandma do/did, and I feel the need now at 32 to start carrying on that tradition; plus there's my prayer journal, and, well, maybe I'm just a little bit of an obsessive writer/recorder!).
Week: 21
Weight gained: 7 pounds
Cravings: Asparagus, salads, homemade baked beans, oranges, grapefruit, lemon water, lime water (This little guy has developed in me the healthiest cravings I've ever heard of! With Hope I craved anything grape, bread, and EZcheese, and though I never indulged that last one, I've never heard of a pregnant mom craving food as healthy as what I've been wanting lately! It's sort of ridiculous, and very much more expensive than EZ cheese would have been!)
Maternity clothes: This little guy also has me in maternity clothes long before I ever was with his sisters! I don't mind it one bit, but I do worry a bit that I'll be confused with a lost whale or something by the time September rolls around! Since this is my fifth baby (fourth to go this far), I'm pretty much okay that my body just sort of "knows the drill" by this time. As long as I can keep up to the girls, bring on the maternity clothes and the tummy!
4 comments:
Blue is the best color to shop for!! I love me some baby boys!
BOY OH BOY!!! I LOVE THIS!! Thanks for posting on FB! I love that you are coming out of your "shyness!" :)
I'm excited for baby BoDi
YAY!
Post a Comment