A contemplative Mighty Mouse
A smirking Mighty Mouse - he started last Wednesday
I'd count this as a definite smile....
Here, though, is the all-out grin! He looks so much like his sister Sunny and his Great Grandpa Don and Great Auntie Linda who both had/have wide, infectious smiles.
*Even in these not-technically-spectacular photos you can see how broken out the little guy's face is. I actually took him in for a doctor's appointment today to find out what was going on with his face since he was red and sore looking from ear to ear, behind the ears, and from forehead to chin. It turns out that on his cheeks he has "infant acne" which was a relief since it will just clear up on its own, but on his forehead, eyebrows, nose, ears, and behind the ears, he has cradle cap. I was so bummed! Miss Mouse had it really badly in her hair, and she lost a lot of hair when I combed the scales out. I'm not sure if it is recommended to do that anymore, but hopefully we can get control of it now when it is "just" on his face and not yet in his hair so badly. His doctor recommended a healing ointment that is supposed to show lots of progress in three to five days. Otherwise he might have to go to a medication to clear it up, but hopefully that won't be needed. On the one hand, I'm really glad it is not attributable to anything I'm eating or doing to him (food, laundry soap, etc.); on the other hand, I'm really hoping that this cream works quickly because he just looks so sore and raw. My usual mommy-guilt was pretty much alleviated when I asked the doctor if I had contributed to the cradle cap; she said that it is more common and often worse in breastfed babies because of their moms' hormonal fluctuations. Even I am not going to feel guilty about hormone fluctuations! It's not like I can do much about them! So hopefully we'll have lots more smiling pictures in the near future without sore-looking cradle cap present!
3 comments:
Hope we can skype this week. He has grown so much since we were there! Knew he would smile just like he does!Love Grammy and Grampa Bob
Oh "Mighty Mouse"! I love it! Congratulations to you all, he is so precious!
Levi had a really bad rash on his face just before his 2 month appointment. I used Aquafore(sp?) on it and that helped a ton. Had to make sure to slather it on him at every diaper change, only way I could remember to do it. But it helped. Just wanted to mention what worked for us. Hope his skin is getting better!
Take care and keep up with the pictures of all as you are able...you are doing better than me, it has taken me until now to be able to blog more than just pictures for family to see! :)
What a little sweet face! His smile is big and as you said infectious. I just want to give him a big hug! I love his little Big Brother outfit, and Mighty Mouse looks as if he will be the perfect addition to Miss Mouse and Sunny. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Auntie Linda
Post a Comment