Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas


 
What?
 

 
I'm not sure about this....
 
 
 
 
I decline to comment...Humph.
 
 
I think I'll snuggle my alpaca teddy bear instead, thank you very much!
 
 
 
Mighty Mouse perhaps did not appreciate the beauty of this holiday season as much as the rest of us, but he certainly has been a beautiful addition to our season. Being now the mommy of a baby boy has turned me into a puddle everytime I think about what we are really celebrating tonight - Jesus being born into our world as a baby....to die as a young man on a cross....so that we may not perish.  Yikes. In answer to the song's lyrics, "Mary, did you know?", I will say that I hope she did not.  There has been another song playing on our Christian station talking about Jesus' "tiny heart whose blood will save us", and it just undoes me everytime I hear it. Usually I have a tiny little boy's heart nestled close to mine at the time, and I cannot imagine.
 
Last week at Mike's work Christmas party, they showed a video. It was great. A really ridiculous man was trying to get totally "into" his role as Joseph in the live nativity. It was hilarious. He made a complete fool out of himself and was just generally goofy. At the end, though, just as he was going to go out to fulfill his "role", he glanced at his wife and young son and said, "I couldn't do it."  His confused wife asked him what he was talking about, thinking that surely he could "do" the part of Joseph after "practicing" for weeks! He stated again, "I couldn't do it" but then added, "I couldn't give up my son. I couldn't do it. The world would just be out of luck."
 
For sure.
 
The girls before Christmas Eve service.
 
 
We had help today in the form of a really nice lady from church who volunteered to go to the service with me and help out. With windchills far below zero, there's no way I could have taken these kiddos out, especially Mighty Mouse, without her along. I dropped them all at the door and parked; she carried my purse. Wow. I could hardly believe she volunteered to be with us; it was definitely an early Christmas present!
 
I could really get spoiled. For Miss Mouse's Christmas program day, I called some friends who rode with us and allowed me to drop them at the door with the kiddos, too.  Maybe doing everything by myself was a silly idea in the first place because this is really great.....
 
 
Mighty Mouse is getting a Christmas tooth. He enjoyed some much-needed respite from his teething for the first 30 minutes of the service.
 

Our sweet baby and our sweet not-so-babies.
 

 
She's a squirrel.
 


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great church outing!