Yesterday, the older three were in the backyard themselves. Manly Mouse was wanting to be held for his nap, as seems to be his custom, so I sent Mighty out with his sisters to keep watch. When Mighty hears the words, "Do you want to go outside?" he shouts with glee, "Yaaayy!". I couldn't keep him in on such a beautiful day, so the girls just had to watch their brother and include him in their play.
They were being very sweet. So, when I saw Miss Mouse tip over in the grass and sort of roll on her back a bit and then look up at the sky, I wasn't surprised to see Mighty do the same thing and then be followed by similar behavior from Sunny. I figured they were playing Follow the Leader or something sweet like that, maybe looking at fluffy clouds and coming up with ideas on their shapes.
I stuck my head out the door and asked if that was what they were doing and offered encouragement on how sweet they were being. Miss Mouse propped herself up on her elbow; Mighty struck the same pose. Miss Mouse responded to my encouragement and question with, "What?! No, Mom. We're kittens, and we're rolling in skunk." Of course. Silly me, how could I not have known?
No comments:
Post a Comment