Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ready or Not!!


Ready...


or....


not....



the tooth...




is....


LOST!!!!!

I was so not ready for this one. She has been waiting for almost two years.

I cried. She giggled herself silly.

I begged her to stop wiggling it.  She grabbed a carrot from the fridge and chanted, "Tap, tap, tap a little; crunch, crunch, crunch a little; tap, tap, tap a little; crunch, crunch, crunch a little", until she had blood dripping down her pretty little lips.

In one evening, from 7 p.m. when Sunny realized her first tooth was a little loose, until 8:25 when we heard a ruckus in the bedroom, Sunny managed to extract that tooth. She ripped it out herself in bed. I think she waited until it was dark so that Miss Mouse would stop pleading with her to leave the poor tooth alone. After we got the bleeding under control, which didn't take nearly as long as I remember it taking with Miss Mouse, she proudly told her Daddy that, "I'm working my way to being a bunny!!!"  By that she means that she is so very excited to have her top middle two permanent teeth fully in and to be missing the ones on either side of the top middles. When Miss Mouse had that arrangement, I teased that she looked like an adorable little bunny (it happened to be over Halloween, and I begged her to be a bunny). Miss Mouse was never amused with my antics, so I didn't push them. But Sunny decided then and there that she DESPERATELY WANTED to be a "bunny". Tonight, her journey began.

And I still feel like crying. My baby girl is growing so, so fast. I'm so thankful for all my children's growth and stages and development. But it's fast. So very fast.

No comments: