Miss Mouse had her first trip to an art museum downtown today. I have been wanting to see a big sculpture exhibit there, and today was the "get in free" day (for me - she's always free at this age). She and I enjoyed it so much that we might go back if it is still here on the next "get in free" day! Maybe we'll even go someday when I have to pay! Miss Mouse was interested in the sculptures, especially when we got to the third floor gallery which had the larger sculptures (I'm talking bigger than me, or Daddy Mouse for that matter!). On the second floor there were paintings. One was a painting of a cat, so Miss Mouse of course let out a loud "MEOW". Good thing we were the only ones in the exhibit, though I don't have much patience for people who would have been offended by a little child meowing! Well, anyway, she discovered that when she made a loud noise, it echoed. By the time we made it to the third floor, she was saying "mom, mom, mom" and "uh, uh, uh" in different tones, experimenting with how they sounded. I thought it was pretty funny, and the staff person who was following us around (under the guise of "just being there in case you have any questions") smiled and commented how good Miss Mouse for her age to be at an exhibit like that. The staff person was actually probably following us for security purposes. I'm fairly sure they don't let anyone be in the exhibit halls long without a staff person around with this exhibit. How one could just wander on out with a large sculpture, I'm not sure, but I can appreciate the need for added security.
All in all, it was a wonderful experience for both of us, and I am glad to know that my little Mouse is appreciative of the arts....not that I would know how to sculpt anything, but Daddy Mouse and I can appreciate it (he could probably figure out how to do it, too) and am glad the Mouse can appreciate art as well! :)
2 comments:
Meow
Meow.
Post a Comment