Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No, Baby Jesus does not go in the microwave!

How often do you use "Jesus" and "microwave" in the same sentence? Okay, perhaps don't answer that, but at our house, it is relatively infrequent....in fact, I'm not sure I've ever used them in the same sentence. But that's exactly what I found myself saying last night! Miss Mouse has her "very own" nativity set which consists of a Baby Jesus in the manger, Mary, and Joseph cut out of wood by a young man around where my parents live. She's been thrilled to have own of her "very own" and has been holding them while she runs around the house, trying hard to say "Jesus" (Eeessus) and "Mary" (eeeeee). Well, she's also thrilled with the beeping sound the microwave makes when it is done cooking food....naturally, she thought that combining her two current loves - the nativity scene and the microwave - was a good idea. So, she comes to me, holding the wooden figures, saying "peese, peese, peese" and pointing to the kitchen. I get up and follow her. She points to the microwave, shows me her nativity scene, and says "beep, beep!". After a little snickering, I explained that, no, Baby Jesus does not go in the microwave. She seemed a bit disappointed and shook her head, saying "nooooo". It became a game after that as she would hold the figures, say "beep, beep" and then giggle and say "noooooo".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a funny story! I take it you had your microwave fixed or repaired. I remember that when I used to babysit for J.P. and Andy that they had a little nativity set of their own, and every piece had to be laid down and told "good night" before they could go to bed.
You are creating some great memories this season! Thanks for sharing.
Love, Auntie Linda