There are just so many new words appearing right now that I'm not sure I can catalogue all of them. I'll try, though, to list off as many as I can remember, mainly so that Miss Mouse has a record herself someday of how adorable her "learning to talk" moments were! We're having so much fun with this and are realizing how important our own language is; she now often will repeat whatever last word I say. Yesterday in the grocery store, they were out of something I wanted (can't remember what - some type of bagel, I think), and I said "darn". So, she promptly repeated "dan". How spongelike, eh?
*bus
*yellow, green, blue, purple, red, pink - she's been saying these awhile now, but they're become clearer
*orange = noranch (my personal favorite color to hear her say)
*plane = peen/pleen (I think Grandpa Dick will be especially pleased to know she is interested in aircraft!)
*car = ar
*door
*downstairs = steers/seers
*bath = baf
*goose - quite clearly "goose"
*mouse
*nose = noise/noose
*eye
*toe
*feet = eet (pointing at her feet is the clue)
*ear
*beeps = whenever we hear a car, the microwave, the oven timer, even if it is just one "beep", she announces "beeps! beeps!"
*tree = tee/ee
*light = ight (she's also developed the need for her light to be on all the time if she heads to her room; it used to be that she'd head in anywhere in the dark, but not anymore)
*truck = uck (this one's been around awhile)
*snow = no/noooo!!!!
*comb = omb
*brush = bush/bussss
*bush - as in the outdoor tree-type plant; very clear for a couple weeks now
*lunch = nunch
*noodles = noonoos
*cuddle = nuddoo
*butter = yuyyer
*church = nuch
*pepper
I'll add more on this list as I think of (or hear) them. A highlight of her week was going to the Bare Wood store to pick up my new entryway bench; the store is closing, and the lady who owns it gave her a stuffed Barney on the way out. Of course, we had to go right home and throw him in the washing machine (he was a toy that they'd had there for children to play with while their parents looked around) which she announced was Barney getting a "baff". She's never even seen the cartoon; I know it's on PBS, but we're just too busy for it, I guess. She loves her Barney, though, and especially loves the fact that he got a "baff"!
Another highlight was the "hanging of the greens" at church on Wednesday night. There were lots of people putting up decorations which then got all over the floor (pine needles) which necessitated the use of many, many vacuum cleaners. Decorations and vacuum cleaners - our girl was in her own personal dream! Daddy announced that maybe we'd get her a shop-vac of her own for Christmas to which she responded "yeeee!!!!!". Hopefully she'll forget that announcement by Christmas as we are not buying her a shop-vac. Neither is Santa!
2 comments:
Thanks for the Christmas gift idea...I just love getting Katelynn toys...I wonder if a shop vac's come in pink?
I love the dictionaries! Thanks for sharing.
Love, Auntie Linda
Post a Comment