Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hanging On...So Far...

We're still home and still dry. We got news today that the crest is predicted to go higher than they thought; well, it is predicted to be at the high end of what they were initially thinking. Daddy went to check out how high that would be up at the park north of our home. It will cover our entire playground up there along with all the buildings from the performing arts school. I suppose that isn't of too much concern to most people anymore since the school "officially" moved, but I think it is sad. We've been hearing huge trucks hauling clay/sand up to the golf course and to the road south of the park around the clock. It hasn't disturbed Miss Mouse's sleep (neither has her sister's night-time crying bouts, thank goodness) yet. We took a walk yesterday and looked at the area they are working on (not so close that we would get arrested, though!). It really is crazy to see, especially for this girl from Western ND! Fall rains, lots of snow, and spring rains/snowstorms are welcome out there, for the most part!

Daddy is talking about possibly sending us away. I don't like the idea, of course, because he won't be coming with and also because I'm not sure how many roads are actually still open and safe at this point. But I'm thankful we have a safe, comfortable, pleasant place to go (my in-laws) if we need to, and we certainly are both most concerned with the girls' safety above everything. As Daddy said today "Miss Mouse will think it is fun." I didn't respond with "Yes, but I won't" because I think I would have cried. Oh well. We're going to try to attend the prayer service at church tonight. He's preaching, and it sounded like the service might be on television (though it is hard to say which campus they'll be at).

No comments: