Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Brown Bear, Brown Bear

On Sunday as I was getting ready for church, Miss Mouse went out of the bathroom on a mission to get books to read to her little sis. She came running back in (I peek out of the shower curtain regularly) with a stack of books. First was Brown Bear, Brown Bear. She read the whole thing to Baby Mouse who listened attentively. It sounded like: "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What see, Brown Bear, Brown Bear?" then each successive animal, "Purple Cat, Purple Cat, What see, Purple Cat, Purple Cat?" until she got to "T-shirt, T-shirt, What see, t-shirt, t-shirt?" That would be, uh, "teacher". Close.

The next book was The Three Little Pigs which came out "Piggy, piggy", turn the page, "Piggy, piggy", next page, "Piggy, piggy". And so on and so forth.

Then was The Very Hungry Caterpillar. That was "Light. Moon. Egg. Leaf. Warm sun. Berry hungry! Two pears. Two pears. Two pears. Still berry hungry. Cake. Cheese. Sausage. Tummy ache!!! Green leaf. Felt better. Big, fat caterpillar. Nibble hole. Butterfly!" She got the main ideas, I suppose.

I took a longer shower than planned because it was just so sweet to listen. As I blew my hair dry, she read Baby Mouse a 'touch and feel' book. She took her hand to touch each page. Baby Mouse looked at me like "I'll put up with this, Mommy, because I am such a sweet baby". I laughed and laughed. I'm hoping to get the whole process on video sometime.

No comments: