After posting last night, Baby Mouse decided to prove me wrong in the "she doesn't roll yet" category. She held onto my arm last night and rolled herself on over! I didn't pull or anything, just let her do all the work so that it would totally "count" as having rolled over. Way to go, Baby Mouse!
In other accomplishments, Miss Mouse is counting quite nicely to five in French. I've sort of played around with French words, mainly counting, since she was teeny-tiny, but I wasn't really sure whether it would make any difference or not. I know lots of kids learn Spanish from Dora, but I'm nowhere near as proficient in French as the little cartoon gal is in Spanish. Apparently, it doesn't take a flawless accent for a little one to pick up bits and pieces of a new language! Whoo-hoo! She's also been interested in the French flashcards we got her for Christmas finally....I tend to buy presents about six months too early, but at least she usually gets interested in them at some point!
Baby Mouse is still working on her teeth with no progress, but she is about the happiest little critter I ever have seen these days! She's easily distractable and just generally so completely pleasant and smiley. She looks so much like her Grandpa Bob when she's serious and so much like her Great Grandpa Don (on my side - she had a Great Grandpa Don on her Daddy's side, as well!) and Great Great Auntie Elsie when she rolls over and gives a huge, chubby-cheeked grin. Such a fun girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment