Monday, November 23, 2009

Sweetest Things

Every stage that the girls hit is my favorite. Every time I think it can't get better, it does. These are some phrases heard around our house lately:
*"Ooohhh! It's a clean baby!" upon seeing Mr. T bring Baby Mouse out after a bath this weekend. Apparently she was extraordinarily dirty before the bath???
*"Where are you? Where are you, Baby?" anytime her sister is not in her line of sight.
*"The newspastor tells us what the weather is like" emphasis on the "p" there.
*"There's a snowflake! And another! And another! And another! And another!" as we drove on a Christmas-light-decorated street Friday night.

The highlight of it all was last night putting her to bed. I always sing three songs of her choice; last night she asked me to lay by her to sing. I complied, and she looked me in the eyes and said "tonight, I will sing to you". Okay, sure. She proceeds to sing, to the best of her ability, I Love to Tell the Story. Then she says, "I will sing the Mama, Mama song." Not being sure what that was, I got curious. Apparently it is "Mama, Mama is beautiful" over and over to the tune of Jesus Loves Me. Life doesn't get much better.

No comments: