Miss Mouse has been refusing to pray at bedtime for a few weeks. I just always ask, and if she says she doesn't want to, I don't force the issue. Last night, though, she decided she did want to pray. And pray, and pray, and pray. I started thinking it was seeming a lot like "stalling" for bedtime, so I told her she could continue to pray after I sang her her songs and went out of the room. She could pray as long as she wanted at that point, but we needed to sing the songs. She sighed and said she had one more prayer. I kept my mouth closed and shortly heard this:
"Um, Gracious Jesus, we thank you for our most adorable baby. We pray she has a gooooood baff. Gooood night seep. Wake up wested and amen." Thank goodness I kept my mouth shut. I should add that I have never, ever begun a prayer with "Gracious Jesus"; that's all hers.
3 comments:
I bet Katelynn heard gracious at church with all of the prayers....She is a smart one!
Stephanie
Actually she heard gracious from me, though I'm sure she hears it at church, too. I've used "Gracious God" as a beginning, just never "Gracious Jesus". I thought it was super cool that she put together her own little opening :)
What a fine little prayer...and pray-er! Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Auntie Linda
Post a Comment