I was preparing for around thirty people to be at the girls' birthday party on Saturday, so I thought two butterfly cakes, each serving ten people, would not be enough. That's why I also baked one dozen full-size cupcakes along with two dozen mini ones (that's what one cake mix makes). As it turned out, the weather and illnesses kept quite a few people home. We have almost an entire butterfly and two dozen mini-cupcakes to be frozen for an Easter celebration.
Miss Mouse picked a white butterfly with sprinkles in the batter to be frosted with pink frosting. Pink neon frosting, that is. I didn't know such stuff was made, but it is terribly fun! Little girl colors are fun enough as it is - neon girl colors are even better!
We got Miss Mouse's cake baked and had it cooling on the counter and were mixing up Baby Mouse's cake when I happened to ask Miss Mouse, "Do you think Baby Mouse should have sprinkles in her cake batter, too?" I just assumed she would answer in the affirmative, but she sat there for awhile (she sat in her highchair for hours that day, helping) and then answered "No. Hers should be plain."
I was rather taken aback by what I thought was a sudden change in my sweet girl. Why would she want to one-up her sister by having sprinkles in her butterfly and not in Baby Mouse's?
Not ten seconds later, Miss Mouse added her thought process: "I do not think she should have sprinkles. I think Baby Mouse might choke on sprinkles. They are a little bit hard. I think she might choke on them. I think her cake should be plain." Wow. I'm continually amazed at the sweetness of my Miss Mouse.
We decided Baby Mouse's cake should be neon green with purple frosting. No sprinkles.
I didn't have terribly great luck getting any good, clear pictures of my Mice, but this shows a general idea of them on their birthday party day.
Baby Mouse in her birthday dress. This dress has been worn for first birthday pictures by our God-daughter, Miss Mouse, and now Baby Mouse. Beautiful girls, all of them, in our opinion!!
2 comments:
Where's the neon green cake? Did you mean neon purple? Or was the cake green when you cut it?
The cake was green on the INSIDE, just like the three-year-old's had sprinkles on the INSIDE. I guess I didn't write that very clearly! :) Oops!
Post a Comment