Unfortunately, after thinking about the situation at the clinic this morning, I've realized the shiveringly cold atmosphere at Baby Mouse's appointment today is likely my fault. After the horrendous atmosphere at our walk-in clinic visit in March (the one where I was told I was akin to a milk cow....), I wrote a somewhat nasty letter suggesting that the nurse practitioner we saw should perhaps receive more education on breastfeeding and the value of positive relating to patients. Mr. T agrees that the cold shoulders I got consistently today were probably the result of that letter being shared (or someone asking for input about my complaint, etc.). I'm sad that that could be the case because my complaints had nothing whatsoever to do with our primary physician, but, unless there was some sort of negative event that set a bad tone at the clinic for the morning today, I'm afraid I may have to take responsibility for being such a verbose patient. Sooo.....lesson to self: no more assertive behavior. It's not worth destroying relationships that have worked well for six years. It's not like my letter probably had any effect on the educational level of the staff of the childrens' walk-in clinic on current breastfeeding best practices anyway.
Ah. In spite of today's misfortune, we continue to have a blast around here. These pictures should catch you up on some of what we've been involved in lately!
How did she go from baby swing to big girl swing with such frightening speed? The past two years were supposed to feel like, well, just that - two years....not two minutes! We have such fun at the park.
Baby Mouse also likes to help compost. She is ripping a paper bag in this photo. Miss Mouse was helping me get bread in the bread machine, but she was so proud of the bread machine bowl that she held it consistently in front of her face for the pictures. I didn't think anyone really was interested in my bread machine bowl, so I didn't post those pictures.
He looks like he's supervising, but he's actually waiting patiently to see if he can grab some chalk for a treat when I'm not looking.
A random picture of my foot for anyone who was wondering what a foot looks like when it has run 13.1 miles in socks that were soaked at mile 1. Miss Mouse declared it looked like a "puh-ruuuuunnne!" Thank you so much to Grandma and Grandpa T. who cared for the girls so that Mr. T and I could run!! Oh, and sorry to anyone who is reading this after eating....this foot picture should maybe have come with a warning label or something.
I thought Baby Mouse would be fascinated by the animals at the zoo. Turned out she was more interested in the herbaceous life than anything.
Miss Mouse could have studied the animals all day. We had learned about camels - Camel starts with "C"; some camels have one hump while some have two; they have extra fat for energy in their humps; they are used for their hair and meat, and as an important means of transportation in deserts which are like super-huge sandboxes, etc., etc. So, in the afternoon, we headed out to the zoo to see some real camels! She was more impressed with the ducks and birds, but I'm glad she did get to see a real live camel, too.
Baby Mouse not really sure why she's supposed to be on the other side of the side walk looking at semi-hidden animals when she could be exploring the soil.
Today Miss Mouse collected what she decided were "seeds". I thought it was a cool picture. She had asked me to photograph them.
She and Daddy had a picnic lunch outside after going shopping this morning. I think Baby Mouse got the raw end of the deal by far.
She was braver than Baby Mouse and I. For the most part, we only waded while Miss Mouse went in full-body.
5 comments:
Miss Mouse looks SO big in her fingerpainting photo. And I love your new header.
Wonderful pictures! I enjoyed then immensely!
Thanks, ladies!
We are so lonesome to see you all again! Loved the pictures for now!
Love Grammy and Grampa Bob
Thanks for the great photos! My "Great Auntie's Photo Album" definitely needed updating if I am going to be able to continue to capture friends and others to make them look at my wonderful family!
What a couple of beautiful & expressive girls you have!
Love,
Auntie Linda
Post a Comment