Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happiness Is....

Another one of these posts....I just can't keep these things to myself. They're too beautiful!

*A heavy perfume of lilac in the backyard, odd in an off-year for the bushes, with the faint combined scent of pansies and a fern peony in the front yard. It is a truly calming and gorgeous way to end the day by stepping out on the front step to whiff pansies, fern peony, and perhaps a hint of crab apple tree from down the block. I'd prefer to be able to see the sunset, but I'll take these scents and be quite content, too.

*Finding that Baby Mouse loves listening to lullabies and swaying in my arms to fall asleep. It's been a long, long, long time coming to find myself some way to comfort this babe. I don't think it is possible that the sweetness of Baby Mouse falling asleep on my chest as we dance can diminish.

*Miss Mouse running "eight miles" and prancing about like a proud little hen all day. Eight miles for her last Saturday was around the block with Daddy pushing Baby Mouse in the stroller while I did indeed run eight miles. She was so excited to have run eight miles, "just like Mommy".

*Miss Mouse cheering for Baby Mouse as she [slowly] increases her milk intake. "Way to go! Gimme five!". Baby Mouse then does run right over and give her sister "five" and then sometimes also claps for herself. There's something incredibly fun about watching two little girls who neither one quite "get it" yet interacting as though they do.

I love our life.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I love the last one about the girls!

At Home on the Hill said...

Ahh...Jon's apple tree is blossoming, and I've never smelled anything so AMAZING!! The lilacs are next, and then the roses and peonies....:D I wish the apple blossoms would still be there when I get back...

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I can enjoy all of the sights and smells except the two little girls...and that means I am missing much! Thank you for sharing, and I hope your run went well today. Wish I could have been there to cheer you on.
Love,
Auntie Linda