Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hitched!

Auntie Laura and the now-official-Uncle Jon are now officially "hitched"! Welcome to the family, Uncle Jon! The decidedly Western-style wedding was beautiful, as traditional as my sister could possibly finagle it to be, and was the beginning of a wonderful, adventurous marriage. Congratulations, Auntie Laura & Uncle Jon!

The happy couple pre-wedding ceremony.


Laura and Jon with the hardanger banner my mother-in-law made for our wedding eight years ago. Since then it has been used at all of Mr. T's cousin's weddings (except his cousin who was married before we were, of course!). Grandma Kathy puts a special backing on it to match the wedding colors of each couple, and in recent years, she's even added the ribbon. I had so much fun helping pick out ribbon and backing colors earlier this spring, and the banner turned out even more beautiful than I could have pictured. How special to have it used at Little Sister's wedding, too!



In these parts, princes and princesses wear boots!


Up until the moment I walked down the aisle with the best man, we weren't sure whether Miss Mouse was walking with the rest of the flower girls or with Grandpa Bob. It had been arranged with Grandpa Bob to take her down the aisle to meet Mommy and Daddy up at the altar, but at the last minute, after having some fun taking pictures with the other girls, Miss Mouse got really brave and walked proudly down the aisle herself. It was pretty funny that she used only the fake flower petals that we had practiced with on Friday night, picking carefully around the real flowers that had been added on Saturday morning.

The bridal party plus flower girls left the church and traveled to the reception in the park (down the street) via covered wagon. Very cool. Baby Mouse wasn't really sure about the whole deal, being held by the best man, bouncing up and down, rattling around in a wagon, but she seemed to approve!

I'll try to post some close up pictures of the Mice in the coming days, but I thought there might be some interest in seeing the bride and groom who I have the most pictures of at the current moment!


5 comments:

ShellyKay said...

Oh thank you, thank you for posting some pictures! I so wish we could have been there!

Maria said...

Me, too! I was really hoping to meet you in person, so I was really disappointed when Laura said you all couldn't make it! She would have loved having you there, but maybe you'll make it to the reception in a couple weeks! :)

ShellyKay said...

We are definitely going to the reception in Sidney! Will you be there?

Maria said...

Unfortunately, we won't be there. We just couldn't stay any longer, even though we would have liked to!

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful wedding, wasn't it? I'm so glad your whole family could participat even though Sunny Baby Mouse participated by being as quiet as a mouse during the ceremony so that se was able to stay and see the whole thing.
I have a great photo of Katelynn smiling up front as she watched Laura and her dad come up the aisle. I'll try to e-mail it to you.
Love, Auntie Linda