Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Out on a Limb....

I'm going out on a limb joining this photo challenge. I have a very nice point-and-shoot, but I don't (yet - it should arrive tomorrow!) have any type of dlsr....at least not any type I know how to use....my husband's film one is in storage under our bed.

So, I feel like I'm out on a very shaky, very creaky tree branch in posting this picture. I also found that I have much more of an aversion to photographing myself than I thought I did. It's fairly enjoyable for me to look at pictures that other people take of me - not that I think a whole lot turn out, but it's always fun to see if maybe there is one or two that are flattering. Taking one of myself, however, was much more difficult to do. But....

Here's hoping my tree branch doesn't break and send me flailing to the ground!!





Facing Myself

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, seriously Maria! It isn't about your gear (although I can't wait to see what you do with your new camera). Did you see the entry that someone rocked with their phone? Yes, PHONE. Dropped my jaw to the floor!

I LOVE this, and knowing you in real life, I think it represents you perfectly in so many different ways. Quiet, contemplative, noticing the details, knowing what really matters in life. I'm glad you were brave, and don't worry, that limb will hold up up strong!

I wish I'd been there to stuff my face in those gorgeous flowers with you! We'll have to find some thistles when you come visit, since my flower bed got flattened by a gigantic payloader. Then again, maybe we'd better keep our tiny terrors FAR away from the thistles?

Maria said...

Thanks, Jess! It just seems like the nicer the camera, the more flattering the picture can be :) The flowers were actually out at the lake....I've had this picture simmering since August. :) It took me that long to get brave enough! I'm fairly sure that my little one would shove her mouth full of thistles if given but the chance...it was sand today that made it in...so I'm not sure about thistles, but I do very much want to come visit!!!

ShellyKay said...

LOVE it!!

urban muser said...

great photo. you did a nice job!