Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Short Stories

The girls have been hilariously creative this week.

Monday - Miss Mouse organized a vet clinic (quickly - I just ran downstairs to transfer laundry to the dryer). I came upstairs to see both girls in Sunny Baby's room with a plethora of stuffed animals on the floor. Miss Mouse explained, "I am the big doctor, and she is the little doctor. The animals ate chemicals, so now we have to fix them. They need to wear a bib while they are at the doctor so in case they spit or anything." For a full half hour, Sunny Baby Mouse and I carried animals, hand-in-hand, from Miss Mouse's room to the makeshift clinic. Miss Mouse would toss out an animal when it was "done", so Sunny would run as fast as her little short legs could go to retrieve the "fixed" animal and replace it with another that needed to be treated.

Quiet time - The other day during quiet time Miss Mouse came out to get me to show me the garden she had created. Under her desk she had arranged super-size legos into a square (she pointed out that it was not a pentagon; it was a square). Those were the flowers, but they were flowers that would turn into vegetables (I've created a real producing farmer). She then pointed to the back, near the wall, where she had arranged parts of a wooden clown toy, and explained that those parts held water which then made its way through the bottom of the desk toward her flowers.....so, I guess, she effectively set up an irrigated garden during her quiet time.

They provide more entertainment for me than daytime television could ever dream of providing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have those creative little entertainers! And I really appreciate that you share these moments. Thank you, my dear.
Love, Auntie Linda