These are my little valentines.
These are the eyes that watch me....day after day after day.....
Day in and day out....watching and learning from everything we do....or don't do....
And as sweet as that fact is.....it is equally frightening.....
....and equally humbling....
...and equally motivating....When I look back into their eyes, when I look at these pictures, I'm led, pulled, to live in these precious moments, to be the mother I want them to have, to influence them in the most positive ways I can because this is the only chance I have to be Miss Mouse's Mom for her 4-year-old-year and Sunny's Mom for her 2-year-old year....there are no repeats, no do-overs, no way to take back comments should not have been said and sometimes no way to revisit conversations that should have been but weren't...and so I pray...and pray...and pray...for the patience and the wisdom and the strength and the wit and the energy and focus to be what they deserve, what they need....because these little eyes are growing up so fast.
3 comments:
Amen. :)
As I've told you many times, you are doing the most important job in the world...and not everybody can do it...although most can and do reproduce.
I have learned,however, that children are remarkably resilient, and that you must not take yourself too seriously or think that you must not make mistakes or, heaven forbid, they may think that they also must not make any mistakes. That is toooooo awesome a responsibility. "If the Father's eyes are on the sparrow, then surely He will care for you."
You are doing a great job. Thanks for the cute photos.
Love, Auntie Linda
Post a Comment