Monday, March 26, 2012

Three Years in the Making

This was a moment three years in the making.
This was a moment I did not request. Sunny herself decided her bangs had to go. She also decided she would go first at Jill's salon. For about a year, she's been terrified of having her bangs trimmed (I tried a few times), so for her to up and decide that not only was Jill going to trim her bangs, but she was also going to be the first of us three customers? That was a moment for the camera (and for an envelope to put the hair trimmings in, of course...Jill had one at the ready!).

Sunny leapt into the chair, grinned while getting her "gown" on, and then turned into an utterly serious rock.

Of course, she couldn't actually stop talking for too long. Here she's telling Jill that she (Jill) is missing her ponytail. Apparently the last time we were there for Miss Mouse and I to have trims, Jill had a ponytail in. Silly Jill! Didn't she know that meant she always needed to have one?! Teehee.
Back to the serious business at hand.
One would think she may have been thrilled to have an unobstructed view of the world. I think she was, but she's incredibly pensive and thoughtful (though talkative) like her big sis. I think she was also a little bit afraid I was going to have Jill cut the back of her hair, too.
Now that she's sure no one is going to trim her "tail", which is what she calls the back of her hair, she can relax and enjoy the two French braids Jill put in for her. She was so proud of her haircut! She kept saying "I wook wike Auntie Wahwah (I look like Auntie Laura)" and "Don't I wook gwown-up (don't I look grown up?)?!" In all truth, she looks just like me in pictures we have of me at that age, but, hey, if she wants to look like Auntie Laura, I'm not going to argue!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved sharing this adventure through your photos and comments! She does look just like you did...and VERY grownup.
Love, Auntie Linda

Jess said...

Awesome, she's so brave!

Anonymous said...

Mommy Jr with the looks, but Auntie Laura comes in with the personality!Looks like it was the same experience of taking you girls for haircuts some years back!