Sunday, April 1, 2012

Nesting Club: The Next Generation

When my sister was in early elementary school, she and a few friends started a "nesting club" during recess. The three (four?) of them would sit on piles of rocks, waiting for them to hatch. It was sweet and creative. Unfortunately, it led to them not only being entertained but also being the butts of many jokes, basically being poked fun at. Regardless, given that I was still at the elementary school with her when the "nesting club" started, I'll never forget how cute it was.

Now, for some unknown and possibly genetic reason, the Nesting Club has been revived. I have never, ever mentioned it to my girlies, yet here Sunny sits.....on her "egg", which doubles as a croquet ball.

This one is a "robin's egg"; it's red. Hence, I was told it is a robin's egg.
She is a very attentive mother.
Loving, too.
She's now working on a blue bird egg. Can you see the pride in how she carries her "beautiful blue bird egg" (her words)?
Now she's teasing me about which tree in our neighbor's yard is the chokecherry. She purposely pointed to the wrong tree first.
We're discussing how the tree has to flower first and then get chokecherries. She thought it was hilarious that I called it a chokecherry tree when there are not chokecherries on it yet. Notice she is sharing our nature talk with her "egg".
I love how the sun is shining through her hair in this picture. I know it is overexposed because we aren't quite as ghostly white as these pictures show, but I do love what it does for the girls' hair. She's looking at her Daddy who is asking what she's sitting on. Obviously she doesn't think it should take an explanation.
The baby blue bird hatched! It was a busy and successful day at our Nesting Club.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as always I have said Mommy jr. in looks and Auntie Laura jr. with personality! Winning situation with both "jrs"!
Proud of the imagination passed on!
Love Grammy

Maria said...

Yeah, but isn't it hilarious that they'd come up with the *same thing*?????!! Cracks me up!!

Alissa said...

That's adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love it! These are really great photos of little Sunny. Thanks for sharing.
Auntie Linda