Our nephew/cousin Matthias got to visit last week. There will be a copious amount of pictures including him in the next couple of days, but since Mighty Mouse has decided to make up for his comfortable tummy last Thurs-Sun by having an upset one for the past two days, I'm not sure when I'll get around to another post. I wanted to get these up for my sister without too much procrastination, though!
I'm getting rid of as many hats as possible. If you want one, let me know, and I'll let you know what colors/sizes/styles I have! As you can see, Matthias is modeling a Christmas elf-style hat. He was pretty okay with it!
In the above picture, he is doing what my sister calls "looking down his nose at you". It's really very funny.
I see my Grandpa Don and my Great Auntie Elsie in him in these two pictures. Otherwise I always and only see my brother-in-law! Well, I do think Matthias has my sister's pretty mouth, but I told him (Matthias) that I won't keep telling him, "You have such a pretty mouth!" for too much longer!
More elf hat. I think he's getting a little tired of it in the picture below....
Since he was tired of the elf hat, I grabbed the Bison hat. My Mom pointed out that it is also a John Deere hat, making it more acceptable and appropo for a child of my sister. Ahem. Cough. Cough.
It would be more fun to see my nephew in a Bison hat if my sister had actually enjoyed her time at the other school. Still. I'll do what I can to create another future Bison.
Grandpa Bob got this smile, I believe.
Pretty sure that I earned this stare. He was done and tired, but he's such a sweetie! He and Mighty Mouse are going to be such good friends! And the girls just absolutely love on both of them like crazy. Both girl Mice listed Matthias as one of the best parts of their weekend, which was really fun. He has taken a lot of "their" time with Auntie Laura away from them, but what he's given them is going to be beyond measure. It's so fun that they already can sense that.
Speaking of the weekend, we had a marvelous one in which we welcomed little Mighty Mouse into the family of God and celebrated with both of our families. Because I got just a little stretched thin on Sunday, none of the baptism pictures are on my camera, except some nice ones of the amazing (A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!) cake that my sister-in-law created (she didn't "bake" this thing - she CREATED it!). We were so thankful for great travelling weather so that all of Mighty Mouse's awesome and faithful sponsors (his Auntie Stephi, Auntie Laura, and Uncle Jon) could make it as well as all of his grandparents! The girls and I even got to swim with both aunties and one grandma (Mighty Mouse's only water usage was his baptism).
3 comments:
I love these!!!!
You really did a great job with these photos and the tiny model.
Thank you for the photos and news of the weekend.
Love,
Auntie Linda
Matthias wanted me to address the Bison elf thing. Really, he's not pleased. You know I am way too mature for such tomfoolery, but he has been bugging me so intently that I just had to take care of it. See my blog.
Post a Comment