Wednesday, December 5, 2012

O Christmas Tree


An almost-sleeping Mighty Mouse by the Christmas tree.....It's so delicious, I can hardly go to bed tonight for staring at his picture (this is regardless of the fact that with his crib in our room I can stare at the real him all night!).
 

 
There's just something about babies and Christmas trees and lights all amidst the darkness of this time of year.

 
Miss Mouse wanted photo after photo in front of the tree. She has declared it the "most beautiful tree ever" but was sure to add that we "won't tell anyone ours is the most beautiful if we go to their house and their tree is nice, too". Yep, our six foot, artificial tree has really impressed this sweet mouse!

 
She's taken several pictures of the tree on her camera, as well....

 

 
And then there was Sunny.  Her Daddy had several captions for these pictures, but none of the captions were printable on my blog.  Suffice it to say, this is Sunny trying really, really hard not to touch the ornaments. Or the lights. Or the tree.

 
This is Sunny trying so hard because she knows she could tip it over on "Brother"....She told me tonight she does not like our "house fancy". Mike and I think we have a solution to be implemented in the morning. Hopefully it will help everyone in the house be able to succeed and enjoy this Christmas season - Mighty Mouse to not have a tree fall on him; Miss Mouse to have a Christmas tree; and Sunny to not feel like a continual failure because, really, who wants THAT feeling to be what she associates with the Christmas season!  We want her to gaze lovingly at pictures of her babies in front of a tree someday....without going into a post-traumatic episode of some sort!
 
I'll end with a disclaimer that the pictures of Mighty Mouse are mighty nice in color, but he was reclining on a very pink blanket which his Daddy thought should perhaps be eliminated from the photo. Not being talented enough for that, I chose the b&w option! "Real baby boys lay on pink", right? Or something like that!

2 comments:

ShellyKay said...

Hmm...somehow I can completely relate on the pink thing. My boppy pillow is pink striped and oh heaven forbid I put a pink diaper cover on him the other day...but it's my best cover! Love the pictures of your kiddos! :)

Anonymous said...

I love these photos. Miss Mouse looks soooo happy and is as usual very diplomatic. Sunny looks happy...but torchered...very expressive little girls and a very peaceful Mighty Mouse! Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Auntie Linda