Sunday, October 20, 2013

Matthias on the Farm

We had an almost perfect day to have combine rides at the farm a couple weeks ago. My Dad was finishing up a few acres of oats, which gave us all the chance to ride the combine. I'd never been on one with two seats before, so I think I was just as excited as the kids were!  While Sunny had a combine ride, Matthias decided he'd have his picture taken. Here they are (sorry to those who have already seen these on facebook; I happen to love looking at my nephew and just assume everyone else does, too.....I think it's an auntie's right of some sort....).


























 As much as Matthias looks just like his Daddy, when he smiles like this, I totally see our Grandpa Don and his family!








These pictures were so fun to take - Laura had her senior pictures taken on these railroad tracks, and it is fun to see how happy she is here. High school was not the "time of our lives" for either of us; it's so neat to see how THIS really IS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome photographer, Missy! You should just photograph children like this, charge a fee for the photographs and put them online for the parents to do what they want with them. That way it might not be too time consuming. These photos are great! Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Auntie Linda

Maria said...

Thanks :) I'm only good when the light and model and conditions all come together perfectly, and I could still tell you lots of things wrong with these pictures, even though I happen to have to look at them fairly often just to stare into those dreamy brown eyes! It's fun to have a camera, though, that can do some nice things. :)