So, here's our announcement!
As I wrote on facebook, the girls are incredibly excited about having another new baby sibling. They include "the baby who lives in Mom's tummy" in their thankfulness prayers every night. They are very, very good for a nervous and somewhat-terrified Mommy. That said, here is Sunny happily peeling the "baby egg" that she could not wait to eat!
I perused pinterest for quite awhile trying to find an announcement we could copy for this newest family member. Not many of them really "fit" us, though. Most of them involved counting children, and, unfortunately, we can't do that. We can't have Miss Mouse hold a #1 sign because she isn't; same with Sunny for the #2 and Mighty Mouse for the #3. Those are their functional numbers but not their actual ones. Many nights when they pray and thank God for Mommy, Daddy, each other, themselves, and Mighty Mouse, they also include Hope and "Something Baby", which is what they've "named" the baby we lost in October 2005, long before knowing its gender; they're very aware of their "older" siblings. That's why I came up with the announcement idea I did. Hopefully it makes some sense! We had a lot of fun decorating the boiled eggs; the girls decorated their own and were somewhat upset that I claimed the right to decorate everyone else's!
No comments:
Post a Comment