Monday, March 17, 2014
Me?
Mighty has been enamored with my camera for the past couple of months. It makes it hard to get a decent picture of him because he's constantly trying to get to the back of the camera to see the picture on the screen. The other day I finally turned it to - gasp - "auto" because I just couldn't capture his and Mike's wrestling fast enough with my usual "aperture priority" setting. This is probably because my brain has been taken over by a teething toddler and a soon-to-be-met baby. Be that as it may, I at least captured the moment with the two of them tackling each other and shrieking with laughter. Quickly, though, Mighty Mouse realized I was photographing and ran over to see the pictures. He was so pleased and pointed at the screen and then at himself, saying "Me!?" over and over again. I got really excited that he was "getting" the concept of "me", which seems sort of complicated, so I clapped, which encouraged him to keep pointing and labeling himself as "me". I don't know if it really is an advanced concept, and, honestly, I don't care so much whether it's advanced or not because it's just downright cute. Still, though, I think it might be a little on the early side for Mighty to know that he is both his name and "me". I mean, really, Elmo doesn't even do that yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment