Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Frosty the Snowman....Was a Bit Late This Year





Finally! We've been waiting for some good 'snowman snow' since November! It arrived today along with 40 degree temperatures. In celebration of this taste of spring, Miss Mouse, Hubert, and I joined in some fellowship to create our very own Frosty the Snowman. He's a stout creature with pinecones for eyes and mouth, a furry nose made of evergreen tree, and stick arms (which Miss Mouse thought perhaps she should taste...I disagreed).

After spending yesterday afternoon at the mall searching for shoes for our Miss Mouse (who, at a size 5, happens to have anything but mouse-sized feet!), it was good to have the fresh-air time today. We had a marvelous 'girl's day' shopping trip, but neither of us appreciated the strong odor (I will not be as positive as to say "scent" or "fragrance") that certain stores emit (on purpose!). I think we are supposed to be intrigued by their perfume and drawn to their merchandise.....we decided to do 'stroller runs' by as quickly as we could instead.

Well, now that Miss Mouse is beautifully-shoed and has had the class on snowman-building, which is mandatory for any true northern girl, hopefully spring will settle in quickly!

No comments: