
The pumpkin on the left is Baby Mouse's. It has teeth to match hers. The pumpkin on the right is the creation of Miss Mouse. She picked the shapes for Daddy to cut into the pumpkin. Hence, the angst-ridden look. The tiny one Miss Mouse is examining was created for yours truly! It has a heart followed by M - O - M. My heart melted.

Winnie the Pooh and our toddler-pumpkin. The poor toddler, for the second year in a row, wound up with a rotten pumpkin. Last year, we just told her that hers was the one we had already carved. At 18 months, she didn't really care, other than that she thought it was pretty funny the pumpkin was "peeewwwy". This year, she insisted that we carve a pumpkin for Baby Mouse first, so we did. When Mr. T cut into Miss Mouse's pumpkin and found it was, again, "peewwwy", he just couldn't take it. Off to the grocery store he drove. Unfortunately, between 3:30, when I bought the two initial pumpkins, and 7:30, when he was after the replacement pumpkin, they had sold out. He called me from way down south at a different grocery store and said if they didn't have one there, he would work his way north and
find one. He was one determined Daddy! Thankfully, his second stop had this lop-sided beast, but he picked up the tiny one as backup in case the beast was rotten, too. That's how I ended up getting a pumpkin in my honor. I heard giggles coming from the kitchen as they carved Miss Mouse's shape choices into her beast of a pumpkin (I was feeding Baby Mouse for the night), and then I heard some hushed voices which must have been the carving of the Momkin.

Mmmm.....squishy! From three pumpkins we harvested two cups of seeds. Not great, but it was a fun endeavor!

Our little toothy baby.

The beginning of the top teeth.

This probably shows how funny it is right now to see Baby Mouse with that one big front tooth hanging down! The ones next to it on either side are in as well, but they aren't really visible yet.
2 comments:
Once again I LOVE your posts. The pictures are great, and I can't believe that anyone can keep from smiling when they look into the many faces of that fine Baby Mouse!
Once again I am so amazed at how grown up and interested in everything little Miss Mouse is.I'm glad that Daddy had the time to share with the family. These moments will be precious to him and them forever.
Love to all, Auntie Linda
Looks like the kids had fun. Halloween is so fun for them. :)
Post a Comment