Miss Mouse was quite impressed. She asked Santa for a "moon for my wall"...yeah, you can imagine the look on Santa's face. I quickly tried to explain that the baby has a nursery with a moon and stars on the wall, and that is what Miss Mouse has decided she wants for Christmas from Santa - a moon on her wall, too, and perhaps some stars, as well. You know what I'll be doing on Christmas Eve after Miss Mouse falls into a deep sleep, eh? Ah well. Mr. T preaches the late service anyway. The television in the bedroom doesn't work (wonderful decision to go digital...bah humbug), so I can't stay awake waiting for him to come home by watching the First Lutheran Christmas Eve service the way I did last year. I'm fairly excited to paint the moon and then wrap up the leftover paint....we're going to tell her Santa just had time to paint the moon, but he left the paint so that we could put up some stars if she wants. A little odd, but it makes me feel sort of good that she isn't too excited about stuff yet. That day will come all too soon, but for now it is rather fun having a toddler who wants a "moon on my wall".
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Santa Claus
We visited Santa on Friday evening. I was thankful that we were all able to be there; initially we thought the girls and I would have to go alone, and since we were "bachelorettes" at the Holiday Light Parade this year, I hated to have us do this as a three-quarters-family, too. The past couple of weeks, though, have been pretty hairy as far as having much downtime. When Mr. T and I realized we could meet at the Santa Village for a short run-through and quick picture, we were excited. Relieved. Not quite being Super Mom, I wasn't able to carry Baby Mouse on one hip and figure out a way to help Miss Mouse do art projects, visit reindeer, etc. alone after Mr. T needed to take off....so we looked at the reindeer on the way to Santa's house, visited the toy train display (which she remembered from last year and asked about on the drive to the Village), and visited Santa. Then the girls and I headed home when Mr. T needed to get to church to preach. A short visit but a sweet visit because we were all together.
Baby Mouse wasn't terribly impressed. It made my day that she wasn't screaming and terrified!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a little Daddy and Aunt Stephanie look alike and baby mama!!!! Can see such resemblances in these! Wonderful picture with Santa for their ages! LOVE GRAMMY AND GAMPA BOB
Cute! Merry Christmas to you...
Post a Comment