Thursday, September 15, 2011

A "Sunny" Day

With so much focus lately on the most recent accomplishments of Miss Mouse, I thought it was time for some focus on Sunny Mouse. Miss Mouse needed some 'down time' today prior to getting ready for our outdoor play, so Sunny and I enjoyed some camera time while Big Sister got ready to come outside....without hurrying.

Sunny loves sticks. This is her "big, big stick"; thankfully she's a good listener because she REALLY wants this one to come in the house with her. Instead she dutifully lays it outside the front door before we head in. I have a picture of Miss Mouse holding a pumpkin while wearing the same jacket this time of year two years ago.

This pretty flower was not planted in our yard by me. Then again, neither was the corn that we have growing amidst the hostas. Both are welcome. This happy fellow is cheerier than his corn counterparts, though.




My sweet Sunny playing in the mud. How she got big enough to look like a little girl, I have no idea. I must have blinked at some point.




This is the sweet girl I hang onto when I do toddler-battle with the whining habit she's attempting get rid of. This is who she really is, and what a privilege it is to be the one chosen to shape her and help her grow and develop.


What you can't really tell is that she's got most of her body laying in the strawberry bed and is intent on something. She must have found a ripe one in the middle of the bed.

I laughed and laughed at this expression! She didn't say a word this time, actually, just gave me this look of "what are you DOING? And why aren't you HELPING me? There's a RIPE one here!". There were actually three, bright, red little jewels. She's got a good eye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the stick picture and that smile! I'm amazed at all the ponytails....my little girl does not do well with anything hair!!
Take care! They sure do grow up fast!
Susie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these photos! Thanks for sharing.
Love, Auntie Linda