Adding to the long list of accomplishments of the summer, Miss Mouse learned to "pump" herself in the swing earlier this season. With her long legs, it came sort of easily, and she's got a lot of power behind her pumping.
She perhaps gets a bit higher than I'm comfortable with....a bit faster than I'd like...
But she loves how her hair flies in the breeze...sometimes the breeze her own swinging has created....
And I have no idea where my baby went.....But I sure love the bright, intense, thoughtful, energetic, hard-working little girl Miss Mouse is becoming. I thought these milestones might be bittersweet, steps away from needing me as much, but instead they are such wonderful steps towards becoming who she is as a girl, someday as a young woman....Every day, honestly every day, I am thankful and honored to be part of her life. What a privilege is parenthood! What an incredible privilege to watch and be part of these milestones!
3 comments:
Swing shots are hard Maria. Way to go! And yes, what a beautiful kind wonderful girl she is becoming. It's an amazing thing to watch.
Thanks! I was disappointed in the color on them, but I just couldn't turn them black and white or sepia because I loved how the sunlight shines through her hair in a couple of the shots.
These photos are so full of life and the feeling of freedom! Congratulations on sharing and encouraging and recording these moments! Thanks for sharing with us.
Love, Auntie Linda
Post a Comment