We had an ultrasound today at 26 weeks. They're planning to do ultrasounds every six weeks from 20 and on just to check on growth, make sure things look the way they are supposed to....mostly make sure the parents are as non-anxious as possible. It's nice because with Sunny, since we had had a healthy Miss Mouse, we never even had a 3D ultrasound or anything more than just very basic, standard checks. Even though we're not particularly worried that anything is wrong with our little guy, it is really nice to have the extra reassurance!!!
The ultrasound tech today, I thought, did an awesome job. We've had 3D ultrasounds before, but we've never gotten pictures where we can actually see who the baby looks like!! She gave all the credit to the little guy, saying that he was "just laying perfectly" for her to get the pictures, but I can't help but think that she must be quite good at her job, too.
So.....here he is!
Initially, at our last ultrasound, we thought he looked somewhat more like Miss Mouse than Sunny. Here we definitely, definitely see a lot of Sunny! I see a lot of Daddy, too, though, and since Miss Mouse looks the most like her Daddy, maybe that means he'll look like her, too. In the picture below, he has his little hand in front of his face.
He's got Sunny's scowl!!! I love it!
Most parents probably say things like "oh, here are his little feet", but in our household, it's more like, "oh, look at his baby giant feet!". Miss Mouse at 3 weeks wore the same shoes her Auntie Steph wore for baptism at 8 weeks (am I close with the timeline of ages?), and we nearly had to cram Miss Mouse's feet into the shoes. The girls have two friends who are 5 and 7, and their mom called to see if we'd like their snowboots for next winter. It was such a sweet offer, but the only problem was that Miss Mouse and Sunny, at 3 and 5, should have been the ones offering their snowboots since they both wear a bigger size than their friends!
With Daddy being a size 13, I asked the ultrasound tech if the machine automatically generated a gestational age guess for the little guy's foot size. It didn't, but I told her that if it could, it probably would have said something like "35.6 weeks"! She measured his feet and said they are 5 cms right now, so, obviously, they are still really teeny, tiny. I know it's sort of weird that the picture cuts off the rest of his body above his legs, but how real and fun are those feet!!!
Everything seems to be going well. He is over 2 pounds already, which sort of blows my mind since one of the girls little guy friends was born at just over 3 pounds. He's measuring 'agewise' just right, maybe two days ahead, but nothing where they'll mess with a due date or anything.
As we walked out of the ultrasound appointment, both girls were sort of giddy. Partly that was because they knew they got to go play at Ken and Carroll's before supper (we had Ken and Carroll over for a fish fry, and they offered to have the girls for awhile before supper), but a lot of it was their excitement over seeing their brother! Miss Mouse kept saying things like, "I saw his little nose and his little mouth!".
At one point, Sunny said, "It was so nice to see him today since we didn't get to see him last time!". I could hardly believe what I heard when she said that because I had brought them to my doctor's appointment (30 mins) and then had them wait with us in the waiting room for the ultrasound (60 mins) and then they stayed for part of the very long ultrasound before leaving with Mike....After putting them through all of that, they hadn't even SEEN anything????? I felt so bad! Sunny continued on to explain that it had just been "black" and that it wasn't a "light picture", so she hadn't been able to see him at all. I guess she can visualize with the 3D and not with the black and white, standard ultrasound. So, yeah, I was really glad she was along today because now she's talking about her brother's "little hands" that he "had up by his face".
What a great day!




4 comments:
Thanks for sharing the great pictures! WOW!
Beautiful baby boy! Can't wait to see if he looks like his ultrasound!
He's perfect, and I can't help but see a bit of Hope there too. :)
Thanks :) I think so, too, Jess, and I love that.
Post a Comment