Obviously I haven't done so well with updating tummy pictures of myself and the new little guy monthly. I think my last update was around two months ago. *Sigh*
Here we go at around 29 weeks, though, with good intentions of posting something around week 32 or 33 again!
Cravings: I continue to have cravings for healthy food - salads, pesto, lime water, Asian coleslaw (my recipe is super-healthy and nearly as yummy as the standby Ramen noodle one!)
Interesting events: I failed my one-hour glucose test last week earning myself the opportunity to engage in a three-hour test the following morning. I had just told my neighbor how I don't really mind the thick, orange drink for the one-hour test, but I did not mean that I had any desire to go for a follow-up taste the next morning! Ick! After sitting for three hours, five blood draws in two days, and getting so sick-feeling from the second test that in three hours I read all of two chapters in my Lord of the Rings book (typically I should have finished it or at least gotten close in that time, but I could hardly focus at all!), I was called that afternoon to inform me that I had passed each and every blood draw from that day with flying colors. Yippee!!! What an experience that was! I definitely have new sympathy for those women who have gestational diabetes as a regular occurrence with their pregnancies!
Weight gain: Yikes! I've put on 17 pounds at this point which is actually one pound more than I put on the entire time with Miss Mouse! Honestly I think that my body has just done this so many times that it seems to know how to expand very "well". Hopefully it just knows how to shrink back down, too! Teehee!
Really, this is has been a very enjoyable pregnancy for me. The girls have been over-the-top-cute, rubbing my tummy constantly, kissing my tummy, talking to "Brother", talking about "Brother". After having been through this full-term three times before, I am pretty relaxed about going back to as-normal-as-possible afterwards, and with the much more regular date nights that Mike and I have been having, the two of us are waaaaay better (more sane?!) parents/spouses than we were a few years ago. All of that just makes it so much more relaxed and enjoyable this time around. I am so excited to turn the calendar tomorrow because that should mean only two more calendar-changes before we meet this little guy!!
1 comment:
Wow! I'm glad the sugar tests came out ok. That is pretty scary. I'm not very pleased with my finger pricks 4 times a day. But I guess that is the least of my problems at the moment. You look very cute! :) I can't believe that September is coming so soon. Enjoy!
Love,
Auntie Linda
Post a Comment