Thursday, June 28, 2012

Boy Meets Girl [Cousins]

The girls and I made a quick trip out West early this week. We stopped at the farm (beautiful canola field post forthcoming) to see Grandpa Bob on Sunday night and then took off Monday morning, after being good farm girls and helping move a pickup up for spraying, to visit Great Grandma, Great Auntie Linda, Great Auntie Karen, and Great Uncle Bill in Williston on our way to meet the newest addition to the family. Ta-da! Here he is!!!
Six pounds of adorable, sweet nephew/cousin!


Grammy and M-Mouse had bonded by the time I arrived with the two little, squealy, female Mice.


M-Mouse does this really well. His Mommy might not think so since she is up to feed and change him every two hours in the night, but, really, after our experience with Sunny and even with Miss Mouse, he does this sleeping thing beautifully! See how peaceful he looks? He really is that peaceful!!!!


I thought he looked like he had a smile in this picture.



This super-relaxed arm-drape was just too cute.


Sunny loves "lovin' on him". I'm not sure if he's getting his hands ready to go into a prayer position for safety in her arms, or if he's just yawning or what. It seems that he has awhile yet before getting quite comfortable in her loving little arms. She, on the other hand, can't hardly wait to carry him around!


My nephew the little doll! At least, I think he looks like a doll in this picture....not that I'm biased in any way....


He's just a little guy!


And he's soooooo soft!!


It wasn't until I put these on the computer that I noticed M-Mouse's expression. It cracks me up when contrasted with Sunny's!



Miss Mouse is a total little mommy. She even enjoyed getting in on any "shushing" that had to be done. She'd "sssshhhh" as loud as her little lungs could go!


So teeny, tiny.


Okay, I had to add some of the excitement - you know, other than the new baby. This is Sunny warming up after being drenched in a downpour and narrowly escaping a thorough pelting by hailstones. The Mice and Auntie Laura hung out on the deck and watched a storm roll in. It turned out to be nothing much of a storm, so they enjoyed getting sprayed by a little rain and then thought the heaviest part of the storm was over. Miss Mouse and Auntie Laura came back in, but Sunny needed some time to herself and stayed out on the deck with a slice of cheese. Thankfully I was watching her so that I did notice when the rain started again, in big drops, soaking her. I got the door open to the deck, but just barely because the wind was so strong! Once I got her in my arms (by that time she had been sitting in her lawn chair shouting "Help! Help! I'm soaking! Help!"), it was all I could do to get back in the door. We made it inside just in time to notice the skylight dripping. It turned out to just be a few drops, but in the short time it took for my sister to grab a cookie sheet to catch the drips, for me to wrap Sunny in this towel and grab all other available towels to mop up the water leaking in the main door from the deck, and for me to point out that the screen door had not latched (it has a latching issue - apparently this is why the main door was leaking so much - the screen really needed to be latched!).....the wind switched directions and slammed the door into the grill, shattering the bottom window of the screen door into a million shards of glass. This all took place in about 30 seconds. Thankfully it wasn't until later that the girls realized that Sunny had been seconds away from being covered in shards of glass. Phew. All's well that ends well, I guess, though I'm sure cleanup and repair haven't ended for poor Uncle Jon!!!


Speaking of Uncle Jon.....I love that in this picture, M-Mouse seems to be really smiling at his Daddy!!


Snuggled up next to his Mommy.


Yep, this little boy definitely met a couple of very loving, very hands-on girls this week!


Again, they have mirrored expressions! Impressive!!


Grandpa Bob took advantage of a 100-degree day (you can't spray a crop in that heat) to visit his grandMice. GrandMice? Anyway, he got in a few good snuggles from everybody on Tuesday which was a real treat for all of us!


Tiny little feet. Tiny little feet that really did not want to hold still!


This one's in the wrong order, but I'm too tired to change it tonight! This is the pre-storm as Auntie Laura and Miss Mouse watched it roll in. They are on top of a hill and have a gorgeous view from every single window!

They also have the most calm, sweet little baby boy! We can't wait to visit again in July!

2 comments:

ShellyKay said...

Beautiful post, Maria!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. You took the most wonderful photos of these little cousins, and the ones of our first little boy are just adorable! I bet the girls really can't wait for their own little boy doll to arrive. Thank you for taking time to visit here and help me with the back yard too.
Love,
Auntie Linda