Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One More Calendar Change!



Today when I changed the calendars over to August I celebrated that there is only one calendar change left until we (likely) meet our new little guy! Yay!

We're at 33 weeks this week and are eagerly, yet patiently, counting down the weeks. The paper chain is getting shorter and shorter, which means the girls' excitement is reaching new levels. Sunny went shopping with me last weekend while her older sister was spending time with her grandparents, so I think "Brother" has become even a bit more real for his three-year-old sister than he was before.

We'll be doing a biophysical profile every two weeks from here on out, although it will be three weeks from the one we had last week until our next one just due to scheduling difficulties. Initially, they wanted to "monitor" us every 72 hours because we fit into the category of "have had a full-term stillbirth". Even though Mike and I appreciate the extra care, we felt like being monitored twice each week was actually more anxiety-provoking for us than anxiety-relieving. When I explained our concerns to my OB, she definitely concurred and explained that the policy was developed for most "other" people who, by and large, don't know the full reasons their baby died. Many couples choose not to have an autopsy performed, and we'd never criticize that decision, as much as we are thankful that we did. It was really a nauseating decision to make, but there were really so many of those.....Anyway, seven years later we continue to be thankful for the information that decision provided us and the encouragement we can take from it (that we are at no higher risk than the average person for ever having something catastrophic happen again - which does not mean nothing could, just that our risk isn't higher).  So, we and the doctor decided that every-other-week monitoring would be helpful for everyone, as long as nothing concerning shows up.

Cravings: Watermelon, cantelope, salad, cold water, cold grapes, ice, lime/lemon water
Weight gain: I think 19 pounds is the latest total.
Sleeping: I have no desire this time to sleep on my stomach - perhaps because it is so massive! With Miss Mouse and Sunny both, I had to fight really hard to stay off my tummy, even as it grew. For some reason I'd wake up and my body would have turned onto my stomach, squishing the poor little girlies! That hasn't happened this time, but I definitely switch from side to side a lot. It's like there is some definite reason that I feel more comfortable for 20 minutes on my left side and then suddenly have to change to my right side. I sleep fine as long as I don't drink like a dehydrated camel before bedtime, but it is funny to me that I don't have to fight the tummy-sleeping this time!
Other: I am finding it hard to get up from the ground/floor these days! The yard needs weeding something fierce, but I'm dreading it! I'm pretty sure our neighbor to the north is crossing her fingers that it gets done before her entire yard is contaminated by our thistles! Other than that, it is just getting more and more exciting thinking about meeting our newest family member and adjusting to life as a family of five. Having been induced with all three girls, I'm hoping that this little guy will just arrive whenever he is ready, so I'm trying not to be too impatient or to rule out a post-September-17th birthdate for him. We are excited, though, to see him!

No comments: