Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pink

 Pink. It's my favorite color.
 
Apparently the girls were feeling particularly feminine today and particularly fond of pink (thanks to Auntie Steph for the super cute outfits!), so I took advantage of the copious amounts of pink floating around to do some of our own back-to-school shots.  It doesn't particularly matter to me that we started our kindergarten on June 4 or that I have pictures of Miss Mouse leaping into the air with excitement on her first day or that as everyone else is gearing up to start school tomorrow, we are getting set for a break sometime soon.....Between all the back-to-school talk circulating in their groups of friends and all the buy-our-store's-clothes-advertisements during the news these days, the girls were eager to be "models" for our back-to-school "advertisements"!



Our sweet Miss Mouse looks more grown-up everyday! She certainly is a school girl!
 


 
Sunny's been having some sleeping trouble as of late - just off and on nightmares, but she tends to be awake for a looooong time after having one - so she's a little bit more difficult to capture on camera these days. I miss her big, cheesy, for-the-camera grin and am hoping it comes back someday soon (along with many, many, many solid nights of sleep in a row for her....my solid nights are numbered anyway, but as long as she gets them, I can manage without them, I think!).



This isn't a sad Miss Mouse; it's a contemplative Miss Mouse.
 

 
 
Would you believe the day started out with these two Mice in pajamas having a "wrestling contest" in the living room? Now, here by afternoon, they're all frilly and floofy in pink and pearls. I love it!
 
 
Last but not least, I joined the Mice for some 36 week pictures. I've been wanting to get some since Monday, when we were actually 36 on-the-dot, but it appears we have been losing a shocking amount of daylight in the past few weeks. By the time we get the Mice to bed, there isn't enough daylight in our backyard for a proper without-flash photo of my tummy! So, I did what I could with a tripod in the backyard this afternoon. If nothing else, I think these show how deliriously excited these two big sisters are to meet "Brother". The other day I pointed out to Sunny that he will have a name other than "Brother" once he is living outside of me; she was sort of shocked by that and seemed somewhat disappointed even after I attempted to console her with the fact that she could still call him Brother if she wanted! The next few weeks will be an adventure; this whole pregnancy has been quite the adventure sharing it with two small, big sisters - a precious, amazing, humbling, exciting, exhausting, exhiliarating, lovely adventure.


4 comments:

Jess said...

Those last to photos are beyond precious! Treasure them.

Alissa said...

They will always call him brother! Adorable photos! Can't wait to see some blue with all that pink!

Jess said...

Two. Not "to". What happened to my w?

Stephanie said...

Love those fancy pink clothes!!!