Today was Miss Mouse's 15-month check up. I waited two weeks after her first birthday for that one, so I thought I'd stay right on schedule by waiting two weeks after she turned 15 months for this one. It was better than last time as far as we felt we had more time and were given more patience and respect. Unfortunately, last time must have been pretty horrible for Miss Mouse because she screamed from the minute the nurse took her temperature in her ear (which I emphatically suggested be done to the "Purple Bear" first - they humored me, but it didn't seem to help the poor Mouse) until we left pretty much. She had her Purple Bear and her little satin blanket, but I didn't let her have her pacifier until after we left. Last time I was told that I had to take away her pacifier, so I didn't want to have an argument about the fact that I have not. Unfortunately, that made Miss Mouse quite sad because she wanted it. Let me tell you, she got it the minute we left the building. I've let her keep it on the advice of her chiropractor who suggested that the sucking motion helps her ears drain, and since she has some issues with them draining anyway, I'm not taking it away until most of the 'drooling' teething is done. Anyway, the appointment basically went well, but I'm glad her Daddy Mouse was able to come along. That much screaming (after a night of being up from 2:40-5:40 with tooth pain and after a nearly 13-hour day alone yesterday) would have been harder to take without him. He's very calm, and that is really helpful! It's no wonder I miss having him around on long days like that!
Miss Mouse's stats: her head is 17.5. I don't know what percentile this puts her in, though probably still a low one (look at her mom's head). Her height is 32 inches which is the 88th percentile (she's come down from 93rd percentile at one year). Her weight is 20 pounds 4 ounces which is the 9th percentile (she's also down on that from 11th percentile at one year). Here we thought she had really chunked up a bit and was looking really great! When our doctor heard the things I'm feeding her such as avacadoes, eggs, cheese, sandwiches, full-fat yogurt, full-fat milk, fruits, vegetables, whole grains (for the most part - brown rice, oatmeal, etc. - but not whole wheat since it makes her tummy sad when eaten in large quantities), she said she is sure it is just a hereditary thing that she is built very slightly, and that is not a problem. She's pleased that I monitor everything that Miss Mouse eats to make sure whatever she's eating is something that will be healthy for her; since she is such a tiny girl and light eater, everything that goes in has to count as something good. So, overall she is not worried about the Mouse. However, she does want to have us back at 18-months to re-check her weight and height to make sure that she is not falling too much more with the weight percentile (i.e., she doesn't want her to go from 11th at one year to 9th at 15 months to 5th at 18 months; she wants her to hold about steady). That should be a fun appointment, though, because there won't be any shots involved. In fact, it sounds like after we get through another round at 2 years, that we'll be done until she's around 5 years old. Whoo-hoo!
Miss Mouse is taking a nap now. Hopefully it will be a nice long one. I could use one, too. Daddy Mouse has premarital counseling meetings again tonight, so it'll be a long day for all of us again. Tomorrow night is off, though, so we're all three looking very much forward to that!!!
Miss Mouse loves you!
1 comment:
Still the tallest of "my girls"!
Hope you all get caught up on some rest now. Wish we could meet for a visit today, but we will see you soon.
Love Grammy, Grampa Bob and Auntie Laura
Post a Comment