I began to wonder this morning, as I watched my 15-month old pick dandelion heads off the "flowers" in the front yard, whether child labor laws applied to this process. She's awfully helpful with the task, picking them from the plant diligently, missing none, and smooshing them into a tight wad in her left hand, leaving a telltale, yellow smudge. It was beautiful to watch and just reminded me of what a wonderful job I have, teaching this little child about the world! Saved me a lot of work, too :)
We also did a lot of planting at our garden spots today. The carrots, peas, green beans, purple beans (yes, really, truly), lettuce, beets, and watermelon are seeded. I have yet to plant the onions, cucumbers, and squash. We're supposed to have a few small showers in the next couples of days, so I was eager to get as much planted as possible. We did all that Miss Mouse could handle as she supervised from her play-yard. She's developing into quite the little outdoors adventurer!
1 comment:
wow! YOU have been busy. Glad Katelynn was a good supervisor for so much to get planted before rain.
The genes from her Mom and Dad are coming thru strong of the love of outdoors! It was a surprise to find another post. Keep up the good job!
LOVE GRAMMY AND GRAMPA BOB
Post a Comment