Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Up and Running Again

Well, after quite a hiatus from blogging, we're up and running again. My digital camera battery needs charging, so look for pictures in the near future. What have we been up to? Working on that last molar has taken up several of our nights (teething tablets, clove oil, and Tylenol did not help us those nights). However, we've also had several nice nights of sleep, too, so it is hard to complain too much.

Miss Mouse has been enjoying our jogging stroller rides. She loves it especially now that the park trails are clear again (they were minorly flooded for a short while). Usually that means she gets to stop at the park and play after our run. Yesterday, though, she fell asleep during the run, so there was no playing at the park. Today is cloudy and windy again which I think means we are going to limit our time outside to the backyard where we can be a bit protected from the howling wind.

Yesterday, Miss Mouse became another in the long line of gardeners on each side of her family. She joined the tradition by planting tulips with me. I continue to underestimate her. I gave her a tulip bulb and pointed to a hole I had dug thinking that perhaps she would run off with the bulb. I thought it was worth a try, though, right? Well, the little Mouse surprised me and plopped the bulb right into the hole! Now, I can't say that happened with each bulb she "helped" with, but she did a darn good job for a 15 month old gal! She loves getting her hands down in the dirt. I'm so proud!

Check back for pictures soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

anxiously waiting to see how she has changed. It has been too long for us! Love Grammy and Grampa Bob

Anonymous said...

Just checked in, I so enjoy hearing off your adventures! Miss you!
Terese