Saturday, April 26, 2008

Snow be Gone!

We woke up this morning to around 8 inches of snow. Ugh. Is this the latest large snowstorm ever? Unfortunately, it probably is not. We've been making the best of it playing with one of Miss Mouse's little friends making snowmen, sledding, eating fresh snow (I know, I know, it probably isn't sanitary even when it is bright white, but it's a part of childhood!), but we're still hoping it goes away as quickly as it came (i.e., overnight). On the bright side, Miss Mouse is still eating like a little piggy (not mouse!) which is wonderful - baked fish with brown rice, green beans, and a banana yesterday for lunch along with an entire orange for a snack later on; tonight we're having chili (a fitting meal for a day like this - in JANUARY), but she'll have her own 'special' chili without as much 'tear- and runny nose-factor' as her parents.

She also seems to be in a nice schedule of giving up her morning nap. I read in my baby book that I gave mine up at 14 months, so she would be pretty similar if this is, indeed, the end of the morning naps. She's been sleeping from about 9 p.m. until roughly 8:30 a.m., give or take for a particular day. Then she has about a three hour nap in the afternoon. She and I have been getting lots done in the morning - jogging stroller rides, blowing bubbles outside, playing with Hubert, playing in the dirt, running errands around town, etc., and then I can get lots of work done in the afternoon and still have some time to relax a bit with a book, a sewing machine, or a crochet hook. I love this schedule!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the sleeping and eating have become successful times for Miss Mouse (and you). I wish we could have some of that moisture here. Just think of all of the money you are saving on your water bill for your trees, bushes and lawn. I'm sure that it will be rain instead of snow soon.
Love, Auntie Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a better schedule than before. Mom said there were some new things up lately, I can't believe it's been so long since we were together in Williston. Hopefully we can catch up sometime soon. I might be home this weekend but otherwise you know where to find me.