Tuesday, April 22, 2008

If the sock fits....

Yesterday was quite a day for the Mouse. It started with a marathon run to Sam's Club and Walmart. Mmm...as Grandpa Bob would say, "smell that cheap, foreign plastic". We got what we needed, but we also got soaked as it was raining. I don't think it amounted to much, but it soaked us anyway. Then we got home and proceeded to spill milk all over (all over!) the floor in the kitchen. After an exhaustive search of the area, I found the one wind cover for strollers that is sold locally - congratulations, myself, I thought...until I realized it doesn't fit on either of our strollers. Ugh. Good thing I have the receipt. The Mouse and I will be heading back to Baby Depot. Ugh. So, anyway, after a day of not-quite-successes, I promised Miss Mouse a bath if she would agree to go inside with me (I'm finding this to be a useful trick for prying her away from Hubert in the evenings). She seemed to be looking at me strangely after I plopped her in her tub. I couldn't figure out why she wasn't splashing and playing like normal, but I chalked it up to being tuckered out from all the outdoor play in which we've been engaging. Finally she looked at me as if to say, "well, okay, but this is odd". When she began playing and splashing I noticed that, indeed, it must feel odd to wear your purple socks into your bath! We both had a good laugh out of it, anyway.

No comments: