Saturday, September 20, 2008
Toilet Time!
Perhaps I will 'jinx' our toilet training process by posting this so early, but I had to announce that Miss Mouse actually used her toilet chair today for the first time! She's been sitting on it quite often, looking very proud, but nothing ever comes out. We weren't worried, just happy that she seemed to like the chair very well. Well, today, while Grammy was with her, of course, (it wouldn't certainly be for me - same way as she never told me she knew what all the animals said, but she told my mom at 14 months...) while I chatted with Auntie Laura over the phone (she's left out of our family gathering for the weekend but will be visiting in October). Suddenly I heard great commotion from the bathroom. I heard the words "potty" and "on the chair", so I told Auntie Laura we had a bathroom emergency and basically hung up on the poor unsuspecting aunt. I ran to the bathroom, and what do I see but a tiny little girl with a nice yellow substance in her toilet! Thankfully I had planned to use some stickers as a reward, and they were laying right on the counter. So, she got to pick out a duck sticker to put on the cover of her chair, and she got to use hand lotion. She was so excited. I think that perhaps contributed to the fact she could hardly settle for a nap and when she did, only slept for 30 minutes. Regardless, I was nearly bursting with motherly pride of my little girl, using the toilet all of her own volition! Let's hope this continues.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! So that's what the "emergency" was! I was thinking it must have been something bad. Yay for "good emergencies."
Post a Comment