Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Tough week for Daddy, Part II!
Poor Daddy Mouse continued his tough week last Friday in an even tougher and more serious way. Miss Mouse and I were all packed up to go to the lake to visit Grandma and Grandpa and get some fall leaf pictures. Daddy Mouse was going on a bike ride, and then we would leave. I thought it was getting a bit late for his ride (i.e., that he should have been back about 10 minutes sooner), but as sometimes he stops to talk to people he knows, I wasn't too worried. He walked in and headed downstairs. Nothing unusual. I asked how the ride was and if he was just going to shower before we went. My heart skipped beats when I heard "I had an accident". Of course, Miss Mouse and I followed him downstairs and then were able to see how he was favoring one shoulder and was bleeding from his eyebrow. Thankfully (notice how often I'm using that word in these posts?) our neighbors (yeah, the same ones as with the sheetrock - boy are they going to wish we hadn't moved in!!!) were home and came and got Miss Mouse. She ran off with Ken as soon as he asked if she wanted to swing in the backyard. I didn't even get a backwards glance from her! After a quick phone call to the lake to change our plans (and hear that, again, thankfully, Grandma and Grandpa would head into our place for the evening), Dadddy Mouse and I headed to the ER. He was in a lot of pain, and his eyebrow looked really awful. He also had cement burns on the inside of his arm, his hip, his ankle, and his knee. We waited an hour, but at least we were able to get some ice packs for his shoulder. He also was able to cheer up two children in the ER. The one, who was apparently cheerfully waiting for stitches on the back of his head, exclaimed to his grandparents, "Look at his owie!!". We got a good chuckle. Though that probably hurt Daddy Mouse's shoulder. Another girl coming out of the ER with a bandaged hand was sniffling until she saw him and exclaimed, "Whoa! Look at his blood!!" Although in each case the parent/grandparent was embarrassed, I think Daddy Mouse was mainly amused, as I know I was. Thankfully we were reassured that nothing was broken and were sent home, after one heck of a stitching process for the eyebrow, with pain medication prescriptions. Miss Mouse has been kissing Daddy's "uh-oh"s all week; he's been terribly sore and still can't lift his arm above his head, but he is very much-improved from last Friday already. We are just really thankful the accident wasn't worse and are hopeful that he will continue to improve (he's getting a little nervous about the bow season ticking away).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment