She's actually "hiding" the plastic bugs so that she can "hunt" for them to put them in the bug house. All of the bugs were "hidden" under that specific cushion.
Our little 19-month-old.
Our 'little girl' ready for church - September 7, 2008 - 19 months officially.
Another transition is a new look for Mommy Mouse! In the midst of hacking up my lungs, Miss Mouse and I made a quick trip to the beauty shop for me to get a new hair-do. We met a friend from Enderlin there. She was going to play with Miss Mouse during my hair cut, but the Mouse thought that perhaps the beautician was actually a doctor in disguise - she wouldn't leave my lap through the entire haircut (i.e., I had been to the walk-in clinic with her twice that week; once for our pink eye and once for my hacking). We had to blow-dry her off in hopes of getting some of my hair clippings removed from her clothing!
Obviously, we are not transitioning to actual toilet-training quite yet, but as you can see in the picture, we have invested in a toilet chair for Miss Mouse. For several months now she has been fascinated by toilet paper (she gets me mine and clumps it up in a ball now) and the whole 'toilet' process (paper, flushing, etc.). I figured I didn't want to miss any possible training windows by not being prepared, so she's been enjoying her chair lately. If she sits on her chair, which she does fairly often, then she gets to wash her hands in the sink (standing on the stool that came with the chair - very efficient) and use some lotion on her hands. It's a very popular reward right now. Usually she sits just with clothes on, but before and after her bath, she will often sit her little naked self right now and grin proudly. I'm just glad she's getting used to the chair and is not afraid or disinterested in the process at all so far.
Miss Mouse is very clean. She washes her hands a lot.
Yet another transition around here has been to cooler weather. While I do lament the thought of oncoming snow and cold winds, we are very much enjoying the crisp fall temperatures. In the past week since it has cooled off, we have enjoyed many a stroller and bike ride as well as walks around the block and trips to the park. Miss Mouse will walk on her own holding my hand all the way around the block at a pace of one square block per half hour. We find lots of dandelions that are going to seed, leaves, and sticks. As a special treat, sometimes we see cats to meow and wave at, friendly dogs, kids riding their bikes, kids/teenagers playing basketball, or someone shingling a house (this being her special favorite treat to stop and watch). I believe I speak for our entire household when I say that we sincerely hope this weather will last well into November!!
*In a tunnel at the park.
This one is at home on our swingset. I thought it showed the full set of teeth really well!
4 comments:
I love your new 'do! Cute!
~ Mandy
Wow! I can't believe all the changes. She's getting to be quite a little girl. Nice haircut, too.
wow! it is a wonderful update. The hair is very cute, i mean, attractive. you must have posted after i had checked on Sun. sometime. we are counting the days to see you all in person. the weather has to cooperate for a definate date on the calendar.
Love mom and dad aka grammy and grampa bob
Reading this and looking at the pictures are the most fun I have had in quite a while. Thank you SOOO much! Miss Mouse gets more beautiful and curious about her world (a sign of someone "clearly very bright") every day.
My day has brightened because of her and because of her precious mom who shares her with us. I love your little family!
Love, Auntie Linda
P.S. That is quite a sassy new hairdo you have!
Post a Comment